Some good conversation here by all,

Here’s my thoughts on the Tikkas,,

I don’t hate the stock enough to throw it away and drop 800 on a Mcmillin, BTDT and less than satisfied on 2 of them,

Then paying 800 for a stock on a 800 dollar rifle,,,,just doesn’t compute to me,

Liked the stock enough to keep it around and throw a few bucks at it, grab that vertical pistol grip that really does improve the ergos in my opioion, but we are still left with that slippery feeling that is often mentioned by many, so the stock is currently off in Texas for paint and spiderwebbing, main focus here is grippyness, should have that stock back next week, fingers crossed, about 140 bucks invested in this,

Others have mentioned the tikka mag, not my favorite either, even though Tikkas have the long action, I can barely get 140 VLDs at -.050 to feed properly from the mag, had a few hang ups,

So ordered the Mountain Tactial mag which has a few extra K hairs ID, the 140’s feed a little better, but now Barnes TSX bullets hang up when the bottom of the bolt catches the bands on the Barnes, another 80 bucks here, (?)

Different mags for different bullets? Huh?

And now the Plastic bottom metal, and plastic bolt release, and plastic bolt shroud, That might be all in my head, but before I would spend any more money on a Tikka, those plastic parts would be gone,

And now for the trigger, if there was a Trigger tech trigger for a Tikka, it would already be here,

Help me out here folks, This trigger has a soft mushy feel in the take up, it just adds to the plastic ambiance of a Tikka, It’s not a heavy trigger or such, just mushy in the take up and break,

Any ideas on a fix here?

Spent 10 days last August humping 60 miles with a 9 lb rifle when the 7.5 lb Tikka was left home, just didn’t have the confidence in the rifle to bring it with, So the old heavyweight Mr. Reliable went for a long walk…

I saw where others here have mentioned likes and dislike with either the Tikka or the Mesa, Neither are perfect so far to me,

No one’s right, and no ones wrong, It’s the search that keeps us going,

The Tikka is one of my more accurate rifles, buttery smooth bolt, Just need to get rid of that Tupperware ambience,

Handling the Mesa tonight, I like what I feel compared to the Tikka,

Load work up should be interesting, I’ll let ya know how it goes in the next few weeks.

Just rambling on here………..