A .22 WMR is much more flexible than a .22 LR to me as I can 1. vary loads while using the same zero and get markedly different results. Solids, Hollowpoints and Game Loads work well forme.
-- Solids will penetrate a cedar fence post and similar items like cattle skulls. At the same time they work well on grouse and squirrels and will suffice on cottontails.
-- Hollowpoints give devastatingly quick kills on jacks, gray diggers, and marmots. They will work on badgers and coyotes but are not ideal. I start with these when wooods bumming.
-- Game Points do good work on Badgers and Coyotes without cutting them in half.

2. There are several other loads that work well in a .22 WMR but don't use the same zero as the Magnum velocity 40 grainers. They include:
-- Subsonics- nice close to houses and pleasant out of a handgun when you aren't wearing plugs.
_ Shotshells: I find them much more effective than the .22LR versions and useful for mice and pack rats near the wall tent.

_ The .22 WMR in a scoped rifle has worked well for me on targets of opportunity like the occasional coyote out to 125 yards or so. It is better at 100 yards.
In addition to rifles, I have ,22 WMRs in a 24D .22 WMR over 20 gauge with peep sights (favorite for forest grouse), a Cricket SS Single Shot(the same weight as a CF revolver but much more accurate) and two revolvers (where the round gives performance similar to a .22LR rifle).