"where did you find the 2 3/4"?"

We had a steady supply of XR shotshells available at CT up here north of the border.

MS, you like ask to questions. Some denoting disbelief, some mocking, others sarcastic in tone.

I will try to entertain your queries. I was frustrated with this turkey and took an instinctive shot at the red head of a bird as he was trying to sneak across a gas easement from hardwoods to the roosting area in the pines. I spent a morning calling, poorly as usual, and the only response I heard was a shock gooble from a bird down in the hollow by a creek about 100 yrs away when a low flying plane flew overhead. I had stood up to leave in the blind, stretching getting ready to pack it in when I saw the bird and he made me. I shot!! The jake dropped at the report.

A few weeks before I shot the boss tom from the same blind with XR shot at 17 paces. Very tight pattern, maybe even TOO tight at that range. Photo credits to the land owner:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yes, I too have recovered birds with old shot healed over and embedded in the legs and bodies of birds. Stuff happens.

Don't know where you hail from, but in Ontario the 1 1/8th # 8 skeet loads you recommend are available but deemed illegal by the MNR for the ethical harvesting of turkeys. Just saying...

Cheers!

"Rhetoric is no substitute for reality." -Thomas Sowell