Originally Posted by Starbuck
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Poodle_Dad
I have 3 tikka rifles with sportsmatch scope rings. I have a few more sets of sportsmatch rings for future projects.

Those sportsmatch rings look great. They don't make them in low though, do they?

BSA:

The SM TO84's will get a scope about as low as it can be on a Tikka. Because they go directly to the rail, the scope will be mounted lower than with tradition mounts and low rings.

Just a thought on rails on a Tikka: Seems I often read statements to the effect of - no rails for me, no matter the circumstances. I understand the reluctance to place a rail on a open action design, and I usually use Burris XTR or Warne's on those types of actions; however, the Tikka is a closed top design, so a rail doesn't effectuate any increases in loading access difficulty.

Thanks. I appreciate the info. Eventually I will try a set of those sm rings. I see why guys say those are a no brainer set up. Many of mine wear 20 moa rails, except for the superlite and lite models I have.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA