Hugh;
Good afternoon once more sir, I still hope you're well.

This one hits a wee bit close to home for me in that while I do not know anyone currently in the JTF2, I did work with two chaps who were in the Canadian Airborne which as you know was disbanded by Cretien in '93.

One of the fellow became at least a "work friend" and he shared with me a wee bit of what they faced in Somalia - where there absolutely was no bloody peace to keep and their rules of engagement were idiotic at best.

Nonetheless we in our infinite wisdom decided to disband the group that was the point of our spear.

Frankly Hugh, even as a devout believer in God, I have no moral, ethical or religious issues with having a well trained and frankly feared military.

But no, we wanted a "kinder and gentler" military so we literally fired the best of our door kickers.

We were just outhouse lucky we didn't need them before we went into Afghanistan, by which time the JTF2 had enough time to get some training in.

Again though if Dallas' story can be believed and I see no compelling reason why not to at this juncture, we're going to attempt to make our heavy hitters what - woke and politically correct?

Yah, that'll make our enemies quake in their boots won't it?

Sorry for going on here Hugh, but when we weaken units like the JTF2, historically we do so at our own peril.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"