Dwayne all is well here. Hoping to get out for a preserve pheasant shoot this week before the next cold snap which is to start on the weekend.

I had breakfast this morning with a couple of guys that I had worked with who are also retired and the subject of the poor condition of our military was one of the topics. Basically the lack of financial support from the Federal Government has greatly weakened capabilities and now it is turning to be a politically managed organization much like the RCMP.

Your statement "Again though if Dallas' story can be believed and I see no compelling reason why not to at this juncture, we're going to attempt to make our heavy hitters what - woke and politically correct? Yah, that'll make our enemies quake in their boots won't it? " is where we ended up.

Our military has been transformed -- we cannot protect our own airspace from balloons, we have no tanks, we have 4 prop planes to patrol the artic (when they are functioning), we have shut down or converted bases for no reason other than politics, the leaders of the military recently have sex scandals hanging around their headquarters on an all to frequent basis, generals / admirals are subject to presecution by the prime minister at his whim with the taxpayer funding the settlements covered by non-disclosure agreements. This all trickles down or is dumped down on the functioning line teams. It is no wonder that there are problems with recruitment.

Our military is not in a good position and frankly I do not see how it can get back to a functioning level that would make our enemies worry.

Not a pretty picture.

Hugh