Originally Posted by thehuntingkid
7mm-08 is a better cartridge in my book, wider bullet makes up for some of the downfalls in a 6.5… although with current situations ammo availability in 6.5 is better. Might give 6.5 prc a look as it bridges the gap between the 2

"Bridges the gap between the 2". That had me rolling. The 6.5 and 7mm08 are really like 2 peas in a pod. Generally the 6.5 edges out the 7 in precision/accuracy and factory ammo is much easier to find for the 6.5. As well as it is much easier to find components for the 6.5. One reason I'll be shooting one of my creedmoors here in a bit and the 7mm08 sits in the safe. Those that don't get it, may never understand, but that is the simple facts of the matter.. Mathman was trying to steer the OP in the easier direction, but you know what they say about leading a horse to water. By the way, keep those jokes coming. That was a good one about bridging a gap with the PRC..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA