Originally Posted by Lightfoot
Of the 3 I'd use Varget first.

Reloder 15 has been the best in the .250 for me. Good velocity and no pressures signs.

10-4 on Lightfoots post. I've used alot of Varget and RL15 for both of my 99's and a Ruger M77 (bolt) in 250 Sav. Have heard of 4166 and H380 but no experience with them. Like Vargets and RL15's resistance to temperature swings, esp in cold weather. Both powders give me excellent accuracy. Use alot of IMR3031 also for the 250, excellent accuracy. Load only Hornady 75 grain V-Max and Speer 87 grain SP Hot Core's. Just getting into using a NOE 86 grain cast for plinking/target work.

I know a 87 Grain Speer SP over around 33 grains of Varget will drop a deer. Can't hunt em in Iowa with bottle neck rounds (only some selected straightwall rounds, shotgun slugs, and muzzleloaders/bow). Was out coyote hunting sometime back and ran across a banged up doe that was struggling, hit by vehicle more than likely. Called Game warden (knew him) and he advised to put her down as he was tied up across the county. Direct hit at around 50 yards and she dropped pretty fast. Too far gone to process. Other wildlife feasted on carcass for several days.