Originally Posted by BeerWhisperer
Originally Posted by ERK
I have a Savage with the 1-9 twist. I could never get the 75s to group good enough to make up for the accuracy of the 69 smk bullet. They shoot around and inch at 100 but the Sierra is better. Edk

I have a 1:8 Krieger in 22-250 AI on a 700 action and had the same issue as ERK. Could never get the Hornady 75s to group consistently. Ended up with 80 gr SMK.

Altitude can make a difference... not so much back east as it does out west here... ( I'm from the east coast originally ).

that twist is borderline... sometimes being on the cusp... try upping the velocity just a hair...and it might stabilize better...

a 75 A Max or BTHP do just fine in a 223 with a one in 8..

The other thing may just be the powder and charge you are using...

I have times I see that a bullet won't stabilize at our local range which is at 1200 ft altitude.. but I go up into the mountains to 2000 or 2500 ft in altitude and it stabilizes just fine and gives tighter groups...

Fastest loads I get in a regular 22.250 with a one in 8 and one in 9 twist, has been with IMR 4064, IMR 4895, and RL 15... instead of it being with slower powders, as I originally thought...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez