My local range has been doing these type of shoots during the warmer months for 5-6 years now. I’ve won a few but mostly just enjoy having a good time with like minded people.

Ours are shot at 200 yards. 10 varmints with varying values, each with a 5/8”-3/4” dot for an additional 10 points, 2 relays, 20 scored shots with 3 sighters for each relay. 800 points possible. Top score has been 710 a couple of times.

We have no weight limits or classes. We all game a little bit. It’s all part of the fun. Seems like we usually have around 15 shooters and shooters come and go through the years, hopefully the aren’t been pushed out by competition and gaming.

In our game it seems like little cases like 223s and 6 BRs have the advantage. A good rest is important. Calling the wind, good technique, and shooting the right target are the most important.

In our matches your biggest competitor may be more happy to spot for you or share his load recipe. I really enjoy the competition because it gives meaning to working harder to shoot better with your peers.

Hope this motivates you guys to get these matches going at your home ranges after all “shooting is America’s pastime”. Before every match we have the pledge of allegiance and guess what no-one takes a knee.