About fifty years ago, I used to attend turkey shoots in our area. Many were fired at arbitrary distances and from a picnic table. I was a pretty good shot and had some good rifles, so I won my share. One time, I went to a shoot at a remote community. I figured I didn't want to be over equipped to shoot against a bunch of hillbillies, so I just took my 30/06 rifle, which shot pretty good but was far from my first choice. I pulled in and put down my money, and waited for my turn to shoot. The first shooter was called and this rangy, bearded guy, wearing his black Dickies and a flannel shirt under the red suspenders, walked up and sat down with a stainless barreled, glass-stocked, Shilen DGA, and put one about 1/4 from center. Looked good, but the next guy, with a similar rifle, beat it handily. I shot all day and had nothing to show for but a lighter wallet. From that day forward, I might bring a pretty common hunting rifle but I always had a 40X LV rifle in the trunk, just in case. Don't see shoots like this anymore, and it's kind of a shame. GD