Indeed, pictures would be appreciated. I've owned more than a couple of them over the years.

I too have a .22 HiPower Savage 1899H, that I named "Phoenix", which was raised from the ashes of decay - a mixmaster that started out as a bare rusty/pitted receiver I got for $60. (I also additionally fitted a spare .303 Savage barrel to it in a fit of masochism.)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I haven't experimented with the .22HP much in recent years, other than continuing with some cast bullet stuff. The rifle pictured above has a bore with a solid .228" groove diameter and, more importantly for cast work, a .229" throat. It simply will not shoot worth a tinker's dam with cast bullets sized at less than .229". Jacketed bullets gotta be .228" also - smaller stuff I tried in it delivered so-so accuracy. Just goes to show that individual rifles can be finicky compared to their brethren.

Interesting side note: Pac-Nor still offers a .228" barrel blank, 5 groove, 1-10" twist. One of our compatriots here is looking hard at this as a second barrel for his Stevens 44 1/2. The gun is chambered for .303 Savage, and the second barrel in .22 HP would be the t*ts. It's got me thinking again about building a .22 HP on a High Wall action, to explore the limits of just what this old cartridge is capable of.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty