Living and hunting on the Oregon Coast in typically bad weather with salt air and moisture always trying to wreck my gear.

After coming in from a day of hunting where my rifle got hosed. I will take my air compressor and lightly blow out the water from the barrel and action. Then run the air at a higher rate to shoot down between the barrel and the stock channel to force the water laying in the stock out. I don’t run a cleaning rod down my barrel, just air.

I also don’t hit my scope with the air. The scope just gets a light wipe down.

After that, I will take a t-shirt/rag with some CLP and give all the metal surfaces a light wipe down.

After the season. I do the same thing, except I will run a cleaning rod down the barrel. I then take the rifle into the house, with the action open, and let the rifle dry out for a couple days.

I don’t use excessive lubricants when I’m storing my firearms in the gun safes. I’ve found too much ‘gunk’ will build up after months of being in the safe.

I also remove my slings from the rifle and hit the swivels with a light coat of oil as well. Swivel metal tends to rust fast here on the Coast.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”