I'm a safety manager for a turnaround group and we have a work project that will run all of April and half of May this year, so I volunteered to go. I am blessed to have traveled a good chunk of the planet but I have never been to Alaska. I know there's a lot of experience here so I'm seeking advise on how to make the most of my time there. While the project is running, I'll put in 13 hours a day, 7 days a week, so there will be no playtime to speak of. Once the job ends however, my time is mine to do as I wish for pretty much as long as I want.

For starters, I am thinking that my best bet is to fly into Anchorage and rent my vehicle that I will use for the duration of my time there and then drive into Kenai. I will need lodging for 2 in Kenai for a month and a half, as my fiancé will accompany me on the trip. Any suggestions in this area are welcome.

I am told that the fishing and sightseeing on the Kenai peninsula are outstanding. I'm looking forward to this trip, which I feel will likely lead to another. I'd love to make a hunt there.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Jeff

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."