My battery of 308's have a short freebore chamber where I shoot a 169g sierra boat tail/shank seated right at the shoulder neck neck junction of the Lapua brass, bullet is .003 off the lands. 155g Scenar, just kills deer and hogs like a bolt of lightning hit them. Rem 700's with their barrel set back when new shoot tiny groups, other wise, I prefer Brux and Krieger 4Groove. My brother has had exceptional luck with the 155g Berger VLD hunting on deer and hogs at some distance, but it is not the bullet for me.

If you are going a custom route, consider the 7/08, throat for a 162 eldm OR a 180 ELDM....get ready for the shock of your life on a trajectory table. R#19 with the 162's simply blow your mind at 600 yards. 180g at 2600 is where I am playing now, load development is in progress. As the news gets out on the 7/08 with the 162's, lot of the retarded junk going down the road real fast. With this 162g load hitting real hard and helacious wind bucking, my brother is ready to get rid of a dozen rifles.

Last edited by keith; 03/10/23.