Originally Posted by AK375DGR
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by AK375DGR
Originally Posted by super T
Three-shot groups are almost useless because they don't tell you much about anything.

Ok,,,,, well it's quite obvious, that you have NEVER Shot a Rifle with a Light-Contoured Bbl.,,,, and Yea, it's called Heat and Physics at play..... cry
Lj in Alaska.... cool

Ten shot groups don't necessarily have to be fired fast enough to overheat the barrel.

Another thing to consider is that rifles with very light contour barrels often do not have stocks that are the best for shooting from bags on the bench. I have a Rem 700 Mountain Rifle with a very slim barrel. Here's an example of what it will do in a more "bench friendly" stock. This five shot group was fired without any cooling time between shots other than reloading and taking aim.

[Linked Image]

Ok, your Target Post is depicting exactly what I was talking about, ie... 4th and 5th Shots shown somewhat away from the Original Group of 3, and Yes,,,, I understand that one can Fire at a slower Rate, and not Heat-up said Bbl, I spent 6yrs in the MARINES, with 3-Tours in VietNam, I think I know how to fire a Rifle, and then some,,,,, and for those of you that might remember a GunSmith named P.O. Ackley, the GunSmith that did the work on my M700 in the 90's is the one that said I should use the Quick 3-Shot Rule for this Mtn. Rifle, because of the Bbl's Profile,,,,, and Yea, he used to work for P.O. before starting his own shop..... cry
Lj in Alaska.... cool

So you are saying a skinny barrel can't shoot good 10 shot groups? Boy have you been fn lied to. You better go back to school buddy. Before you get a real education..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA