Originally Posted by funshooter
Originally Posted by mart
I wear them when it suits me or the occasion calls for it. Never understood guys who won’t dress for the occasion. Don’t necessarily mean a jacket and tie but I seen guys show up for weddings, funerals and job interviews in baggy shorts and ratty T shirts.

I wear one as well when society expects men to wear them.Weddings , Funerals , Court and if i went into a Church I would wear one as well there may be other occasions as well. .

I just had a thought about Symbolism and everything is out in the open for everyone to see.

A Neck Tie and a Noose kinda look the same to me.
I think the neck tie is designed to bring attention to the face of the wearer. There are some times when a tie is appropriate. Just not many. I had to wear one when I went to court and I wore one when I worked at the school. I wore one with a winter uniform both as a civilian police officer and in the Army. I'm pretty burned out with the neck tie thing. I no longer want to bring attention to my face. I want to be just another "Joe citizen".

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.