Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by funshooter
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by funshooter
Originally Posted by mart
I wear them when it suits me or the occasion calls for it. Never understood guys who won’t dress for the occasion. Don’t necessarily mean a jacket and tie but I seen guys show up for weddings, funerals and job interviews in baggy shorts and ratty T shirts.

I wear one as well when society expects men to wear them.Weddings , Funerals , Court and if i went into a Church I would wear one as well there may be other occasions as well. .

I just had a thought about Symbolism and everything is out in the open for everyone to see.

A Neck Tie and a Noose kinda look the same to me.
I think the neck tie is designed to bring attention to the face of the wearer. There are some times when a tie is appropriate. Just not many. I had to wear one when I went to court and I wore one when I worked at the school. I wore one with a winter uniform both as a civilian police officer and in the Army. I'm pretty burned out with the neck tie thing. I no longer want to bring attention to my face. I want to be just another "Joe citizen".

kwg

I have been in Court 3 times and all 3 times the Attorney representing the side i was on asked me Why I was wearing the Tie.
[b]I told them that i wore the Tie in Respect of the Court and the Judge .
Several people thought that I was an Attorney I had to hold in the Laughs.
[/b]

I'm pretty sure that judges will hold an attorney in contempt if they show up in their court with no tie and jacket. I just know you don't want to be "that guy" if you showed up without them. In court, a tie and jacket won't hurt no matter who you are. At least it used to be that way. It's been 14 years since I was in a court room as a witness or prosecuting officer. I hope those days are long gone.

kwg

I had to evict my girls son from living in a boat in my driveway.
I represented myself and the Bailiff thought that I was an Attorney.

Most of the people in that Court room looked like Crap just drug threw the streets.
I was ashamed of what people think is acceptable dress for a Court.
I wear grubby cloths 99% of the time working in the yard , welding and fab'ing stuff 7 building stuff.
But there is a time and a place to clean your self up to show Respect.

Maybe the next time I do Dress up I will think back to my post and remember my thought today.
Showing everyone the Noose around my Neck being owned by the Gooberment and not even knowing that I am doing it.