Originally Posted by Holston
How are those FVTs out of the box?

I’ve been looking to grab something that’s fairly affordable and give the peeps a try. Would prefer to find something ready to go, out of the box.

They are great man. One of my buddies that shoots an Anschutz suggested I look into them. He said they are awesome out of the box and can't be beat for the price. I lucked into the first one and paid $199 for it on sale in Nevada. That one is the single shot MK1. I liked it so much that when I saw the MK2 FVT, I had to buy it too. Now, I had to put a thicker pad on the MK2, since I'm 6' and required a little longer LOP. I also figured since I did not have much in the MK1 single shot that I'd invest in a Boyds stock. I believe that was $160.00 when I bought it. It's much better than the original plastic stock, but the MK2 still wears the original stock, and it fits well now after adding the thicker pad. You will notice that the thicker recoil pad is not an exact fit. I wasn't concerned about that, I think it's a take off from a tupperware stocked model 70. Not a grind to fit, or anything like that. Just something I had laying around:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Both rifles shoot phenomenally well. However, they are not a Winchester model 52. I can't complain though. I even like the factory Williams sights they put on them. I did pull the sights off and loctite everything though.

With the Williams sights, it's pretty easy to keep them in the X-ring:

This thread makes me want to take them out and run some TAC22 through these rifles and see how they like that ammo.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA