Originally Posted by PJGunner
Probably too late to do anything about it I guess. Probably too late to do anything when Senator Joe McCarthy was doing what the press called his "witch hunt."

I read a lot which doesn't prove much but some of the books I have read are eye openers. A couple of titles of interest."A Spy Among Friends about the British spy Kim Philby." Philby worked for MI5 and MI6 and did a lot of damage to operations after WW2 ended. He was in a position to get his communist friends into both organization and other communists into the OSS which late became the CIA. None of this was james Bond stuff and no one had any idea who was doing the damaging stuff. By the time they figured it out he'd escaped into Russia where he lived until he passed. A close call but he did escape.

The book "The Forgotten 500" tells of American aviators who had to bail out of badly damaged plane into this country the Germans occupied. Somehow, with help from the locals they were all gathered to one place in hiding. There were two factions, one under marshal Tito, a communist and the other under a very pro- American. Guess who our government supported during the war and it wasn't the pro-American freedom fighter. This leads me to believe the communists were already here in deep cover well before the start of WW2. The question is when?

Methinks that pot which is holding the frog is coming close to were the frog can no long escape being boiled alive. The question is,, What do we do about it?
PJ

FDR was openly a communist. Harry Truman was simply an idiot.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”