Originally Posted by Certifiable
Bsa..appreciate your input as always.

I should have maybe omitted “budget” from my title as of course that is a subjective term. I stated the rough budget only to exclude the $3-400 uppers we all know about.

There are no doubt uppers from the likes of PSA that shoot well above their price point. I feel 7-800 is the sweet spot of getting a consistent high quality product but without paying the super big bucks for a Baer or JP…

In that realm you will certainly get great quality but maybe also paying a bit extra for a name…make sense?

MM..I have no experience with a LaRue but just happened to see they offer a “march grade” upper in the ballpark price. Would be curious to see if it could hang

Sorry, I didn't see your $7-800.00 price point earlier. That should get you a decent upper. I like MM's suggestion of WOA. Probably less of a gamble that way. However, you also mention Larue. I know you guys have seen the moa all day long challenge over at ar15.com/arfcom. Those Larue's are shooting sob's. But I believe the guy shooting those Larue's is one of the owners?? TWR used to hang out over there, he probably knows more about that. I'd imagine that Larue shooter probably had his pick of uppers to choose from for that shoot too. Maybe an unfair advantage?? What say you?.. In my earlier post, I only showed what has worked for me. Definitely not suggesting them if you are wanting to go full on competition with an AR. I was thinking today that I shoot a lot of paper, some guys don't like my input and others do. All I can do is post honest experience here. Yesterday when you texted me, I was sitting at the bench and had to run down to the target to take a picture of that group at 400 yards. That one almost edged out my best group of .801" fired a couple weeks ago in the creedmoor. I'm often reminded how these dang .22 caliber rifles shoot. An accurate AR15 is a thing of beauty. I hope you find one that shoots lights out!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA