Originally Posted by UnderMountain
Great information, Thanks! Mathman, I will reference 6mm Remington data as you suggest. If I can get a 101 gr Barnes bullet to 3100 fps or close out of a 22” barrel, I’ll be very happy. Next I’ll be bugging you guys about the 250 Savage.
You can beat that speed with H-100V. This is out of a 24" Brux on a LA 700, thus the longer COAL. I've posted this one before.

No signs of pressure, cases extract freely. The 100 TTSX at that speed is a deer and hog killer. Gunner calls it a "little buzz saw" and he ain't wrong.

Now, if you want to get real fancy, try the 90 gr Absolute Hammer at 3,450 fps. Google Absolute Hammer load data. That bullet is designed with very low friction and is in an altogether different league. Terminal performance is really great; those bullets are mono's but more expansive than Barnes. I've not killed anything with a 257R Hammer bullet, just started loading it. I can tell you about the 178 Shock Hammer out of my Pre-64 FWT .358 Win. That one messed up a WT chest pretty bad.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]