funshooter I love reading your reports. My first March was the March-X 5-50X56, which is the baby brother of your March-X 8-80X56. I was upgrading from a Nightforce NXS 12-42X56. I found the March to be superior to the NXS in 2 areas: 1- brightness in the early morning competitions and 2- mirage resistance during the day. Also, the colors seemed to pop more.

The OP is a self-confessed photographer so he would be familiar with ED and Super ED glass and what they bring to the IQ table, so to speak. The 5-50X56 did a great job with the IQ, but when I looked through the March-X 10-60X56 HM with its Super ED glass, my photographer's eye could detect the greater contrast (color pop) with the Super ED glass. With the new Majesta (8-80X56 HM WA), the contrast is even better, and the wide field of view is breathtaking. But I suspect that scope is far overkill for the OP and it's SFP.

The S&B Zenith has a AAOV of 22 degrees, somwhat narrow compared to most of the FFP riflescopes I know.

Beyond the twilight factor and the light transmission and all that, I happen to believe that a wider FOV makes the whole view brigther than a narrower FOV. But that's just me.