My first was an Oly and the second was an Old Style.

Me and a good buddy were in eighth grade and decided we better steal some beer from our Dads for our upcoming bird hunting/camping trip. I helped myself to two Olys and he nabbed two Old Styles. We rode our motorbikes about 10 miles from town loaded each with a cooler of frozen water jugs, "our" beers, some lunch, our Boy Scout packs and our old beat-up Winchester Model 12 12-gauge shotguns with a box of shells each (shotguns were earned from bucking bales, picking rock and doing other farm/ranch work). We shot several Huns and a Sagehen the first day then grilled them over an open fire of cottonwood. Of course, we both had to be "men" by drinking those beers with our feast. We were giddy to say the least and later had to pee several times that night. We had a grand time. I will never forget those three days of hunting upland birds and ducks. The nighttime sky was filled with stars and the milky way. Coyotes were yipping and yapping. We saw the northern lights too.

Btw, my Grandpa and my buddy's Grandpa were good friends as young guys. They went off together to World War I and made it back home together too. My buddy's Grandpa got gassed somewhere in France and had a permanent red rash on his face, neck and hands. Our Grandpas always hunted upland birds and waterfowl together through the years. I hope they are in heaven having a beer together tonight after a fun day in the field.