Playmobil Security Check Point

https://www.cracked.com/article_189...with-impressively-sarcastic-reviews.html

This toy is a model of a security checkpoint at an airport, with the same luggage x-ray and metal detector that has been standard in U.S. airports since the 1970s. Naturally, most reviewers use this as a launching pad for diatribes against the U.S. government and the "police state" represented by the new controversial full-body scanners:

8 Stupid Amazon Products With Impressively Sarcastic Reviews
OK, that might be kind of a ha-ha satire of people who overreact to toys or something. I'm sure they don't really think that airport security belongs in the same category as waterboarding.

8 Stupid Amazon Products With Impressively Sarcastic Reviews
Advertisement
I cut it off there because this guy wrote a whole [bleep] essay about our police state and what's wrong with airport security and how the system favors the rich and something about Guantanamo. I think he started out planning to write a joke about how thanks to some interesting timing, a previously innocent toy for kids now reminds people of a current controversy and then remembered how much he hated the TSA and started writing a Letter to the Editor.

I'm not joking when I say it's an essay, here's what the whole thing looks like.

"But wait," you might say, "I agree with that guy and find his stupid essay funny and enlightening. Can't a person make a political point and also get it across humorously, even if you disagree with him?"

Sure, but it wouldn't look like that. It would probably look something like this.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.