Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Actually it does. That is precisely why Bud Light is doomed. It’s terrible and nobody really likes it. It was entirely a creation of marketing.

No body likes it to the tune of 27 million barrels a year.

Marketing is good- it's not that good. You're not going to simply convince me that people don't like a beer they're drinking 837 million gallons of it every year because of marketing.

You’re not going to find anyone who loves Bud Light. They will happily move to something else. Bud Light is the beer you drink when you really don’t like beer but want to drink a whole lot of it to get really drunk. Coors Light and Miller Light serve the same market and will be happy to pick up the slack.

BL is 2x their combined size in the marketplace - they can't pick up the slack even if they wanted to.

They are also - both as woke so why would someone boycotting BL for their stance go to Coors/Miller? They're not. That's just it. Or if they do - it's a BS "victory" - I hate the woke guy so I'll go to a different woke guy that's just not as out there.

Woke still gets money and support. Like David Hogg boycotting Remington but buying Daniel Defense as a "lesson to Remington" and that's why the left wins these things. They boycott ALL of it, not just some of it.

Then just keep your black pilled ass home and make all your own stuff. Then you can be assured of the ideological purity of what you consume.

Lol - got it. You want to "feel good" not "DO GOOD" - like a clam.

First of all, I don’t necessarily concede that AB as a whole needs to be punished. If you want to argue the corporation is woke, fine. They absolutely all are at this point. But this specific matter was very clearly confined to Bud Light. It was a Bud Light employee who came up with this and it was only for that brand. As a whole AB had nothing to do with it. Marketing decisions are siloed within their respective companies.

Secondly, Bud Light accounts for about 20% of AB’s US portfolio. The general rule i beer from what I’ve been told is that every percentage off of sales is three or four percentage points off the bottom line. So if they are taking those kind of losses on their main seller, they are most definitely being hurt. The marginal increases in some of their other brands won’t make up for that and I expect that you’re going to see those drop in coming weeks as well because I’ve been to two restaurants within the last week that completely removed AB products.

Finally, take your victories where you can get them. Most actual beer drinkers don’t drink Bud Light anyway. But a lot of AB products are sold on tap and they have a schit ton of beers. You’re not going to ever put them out of business and if you want a beer sometimes in certain places, you’re going to be forced to drink one occasionally. Wal-Mart is woke. Gonna stop going to there? So is Target and Amazon and Krogers. Going to buy your stuff at a local store? If you can find one, what do they sell? Nabisco? General Mills? All woke.

Quit trying to pretend you’re smarter than all the peons and their worthless little exercise.

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/26/23.