Originally Posted by Jeffrey
The big, heavy variable power scopes of today are simply a marketing gimmick to people who all want to play sniper. My elk rifle is a 338Fed Montana with a Laupild 4x and I can shoot an elk sized target as far as the round is useful. My bolt action deer rifles tend to be topped with fixed 4x or 6x scopes and they too are perfectly adequate for any shot I would take at a distant deer or pig.
The bells and whistles on scopes today can serve a purpose, but considering that most hunters have no business shooting more than a couple hundred yards at a live game animal in hunting conditions anyway, they become a moot point when implemented by such hunters. Yet, more and more that’s what I see on these rifles. Go to the range and you have some Fudd with a whizz-bang rifle and a scope that can see into next week. Walk to the targets and you’d think this was their 3rd time ever at a rifle range.
The simplicity of a fixed power scope has many advantages, particularly ruling out stupid mistakes like walking around with your zoom maxed out or having target knobs spun around to who knows where. There is a lot going for the hunter who uses a good fixed power scope sighted in for MPBR.

Gals who say schit that fhuqking STUPID,shoot VERY little and routinely hail from Texas...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Mechanical integrity,is neither a "bell" or a "whistle",if only to the chagrin of Crying Karens the World over. "MPBR" is The Retard Swan Song. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

You CLUELESS Crying Dumbfhuqks are a hoot! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."