Leupold is about the last company I'd hang my hopes on in regards to fixed scopes. Remember when they came on here and basically told people their scopes are awesome and we're just morons? I have some older fixed Leupolds I like and trust, but between the goofy looks and lackluster reliability of their current production stuff they don't even enter into my mind as an option. They just can't help but make a mess of things. For example, does anyone really want their 2.5 with a wide duplex reticle? For that matter, do that many people really want a CDS install on a 1.5-5? No! Most people who want a scope in this power range, whether fixed or variable, want either a normal duplex or something useful for the woods like a #4 or HD.

I wonder who's driving the bus for scope makers. It brings to mind something Jack O'Connor wrote years ago, I believe in his last book: Executives from one of the big gun makers came to him with questions about product request letters they were getting from supposed customers asking for some kinda off the wall stuff. They wanted to know what he thought of the ideas coming forth. It turned out the ideas and requests they were getting were coming from 12 year old boys who were excited to be new hunters and gun owners. So I must ask, in our time, are the 6.5 CM dudes doing alot of emailing?