Originally Posted by Slavek
[quote=65BR]Anyone using 40 in a 10? I know there was an article by a guy using that in a Glock, IIRC, the OEM 10

Case length for .40S&W is 22.6mm while 10mm auto is 25.2mm. Good luck fellas 😖 You can fire .38 Special in .357 and .44 Soecial in .44 Magnum because in revolver cylinder the cases headspace on the rims. This should not be done in semi-autos like the Desert Eagle.
If you want to do this I would suggest revolver like S&W 610 with moon clips. Another upside to revolver is you can use shot cartridges against serpents.😉

Wrong.

Maser/Cardenas

Your reading of google and wikepedia and reposting here simply ends up with you parroting bad information. You obviously have no actual hands on experience with firearms, other than airsoft.

With few exceptions, an example of such being the Beretta Model 21 .22 LR which does not have an extractor and is a blowback operated weapon, the very vast majority of semi auto handguns do not headspace on the rim of the cartridge. That is simply the theory.

In reality, they headspace off of the extractor, since the extractor is what holds the cartridge against the breech face. Headspacing (in its simplest form) is restricting a cartridge from going further into the chamber than it should.

Brass cartridges can (and do) have slight variations from one manufacturer to another in terms of overall length. Fortunately, in the case of the semi auto pistol, since the cartridge is held against the breech face, it rarely is an issue. The loader generally only has to size it to spec, and concern himself with the overall length.

Below are a couple pics of a 10mm being held against the face, showing what was described above.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You can shoot .40 in a 10mm. I have shot literally thousands of rounds of factory 40 S&W rounds through a Gen 3 Glock 20, with zero issues, as an organiztion was ditching that particular ammo for another type of projectile. In fact I used it to shoot USPSA points matches and practice matches for a little while, until I ran out, then went back to my regular gun and ammo combos.

You can also get a conversion barrel for a 10mm, which I did, but in then end, I found that it was not really needed.

Bottom line is that you can shoot .40 through a 10mm, and "slavek" who is really the diaper wearing weirdo Maser/Cardenas who has been kicked off of here many, many times is not someone you should listen to a s he does not know what he is talking about.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com