Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Seafire: I currently own and shoot 6 Rifles in caliber 222 Remington and have owned 7 or 8 others over the past 55+ years.
And I concur with your contention that it would be difficult (if not next to impossible!) to find an "inaccurate loading" for a good shape 222 Remington Rifle.
One of my all time favorite cartridges.
I still shake my head at the idiotic decision, made some time ago, by the idiots at "Big Green" (Remington) to quit making Rifles in this wonderful caliber???
Long live the "Deuce".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
My guess is the .223 is too close to the .222 to mess with making that chamber anymore. I have always wanted one but I was never in the right place at the right time with cash in my pocket. I see the Speer 52 grain varmint bullet is very available right now. They do shoot good in my 12 twist .223. It would be nice to see the .221 Fireball and the .222 rifles on the shelf again. I have the Remington .221 in the bolt action pistol. For a hand gun it is a screamer.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.