I’ll bet there are quite a few loonies here that buy a rifle. Shoot it for a while, see what accuracy they can get, velocity and bullet performance. Then they sell it.
I do that. Unfortunately, I normally lose money in the long run.
How do you sell a 336 that cost you $375 and to replace it with a new 336? Even if you jack the price a couple hundred bucks, you’ll not to buy a replacement without losing quite a bit. I don’t keep records as well as many do, because it would show the money I lose and I’d rather not know, I guess. I don’t mind losing $100 on the deal, because the fun of having that rifle for a while is worth it.
I’m old enough to remember military 03’s and 03-A3’s for under $10. Should a guy that bought the $10 rifle sell it for $10 today? How about Mauser 98’s that cost $3 to $5 each?
I don’t recall prices going so high, so fast as in the past couple of years. Some have said that the prices have settled down. Maybe, it may be true to some extent to common everyday guns, but not all guns - I believe anyhow.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally