Finally pulled the trigger on a new machine and am retiring the 2005 Honda Rancher 350 4x4. Things have certainly changed a bit in nearly two decades. I managed to find a local dealer that actually had some Honda 420 Rancher and 520 Foreman models to ride, as well as some Yamahas. I eventually settled on the Yamaha Kodiak 700 SE with power steering (EPS). Dad's had two Grizzlies and still has a Honda 420 Rancher along with a Rubicon, so most of my experience has been with either Honda or Yamaha, and it's all been pretty good.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I use quads mostly for my real estate and forestry work, as well as some typical chores. Not so much for joy-riding or hunting. I like a mid-sized bike that fits easily in the bed of my pickup, as I hate towing a trailer when I'm running the roads on property inspections. It's impressive that Yamaha fit a 686cc EFI engine in a chassis with the same wheelbase as my old Rancher. It's only an inch wider also. Digging the independent suspension, the fuel injection, the push-button 4x4, and the front locker. This one comes with a Warn already on the front. Have not really wrung it out yet, but it certainly romps hard when you want it to. Hoping to get a good 15yrs out of this one too, so we'll see.

About the only mods coming are some basket racks for gear and some new 6ply tires in the factory size. With the ground clearance of IRS, I really don't need a bigger tire, just something with better construction and a bit more grip. Managed to order the Kenda Bear Claw XLs for about $350.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Now with even more aplomb