Originally Posted by gldprimr
If your experience on deer using the 129 gr. ABLR out of a 6.5 Grendel matches mine you’ll be very pleased with it. I took three deer using the 129 gr. ABLR out of my 6.5 Grendel this past season and was well pleased with the results. Quick kills with pass throughs, no tracking required.
Music to my ears, friend.
My "new to me" CZ 527 Grendel shoots the 129 ABLR very well and I have been playing around with the most temp-resistant powders to try to get a good hunting load that shoots as well as CFE-223 does (but it is really temp-sensitive). It is looking like AR-Comp is going to be the best of the stable powders, and give me an easy 2500+ FPS. This holds over 2000 FPS to 400 yards and seems like, on paper, it'd be the perfect hunting bullet. I've not hunted this sweet carbine yet but will be taking it to MT this fall for deer, and hopefully, Pronghorn.
Thanks for sharing your experience with it,
Rex

EDIT: Realized my post above is not germane to the OP. I have only killed a few head of game with the basic Accubond, and have yet to recover a bullet. Mule deer and Pronghorn with the 6.5mm 130 grain, and elk with the 9.3mm 250 grain. All critters died, so no complaints. Interesting observation on the autopsies is that the entrance holes looked more like exits and the exits looked more like entries. Kind of strange, but dead is dead. I did recover a 90 grain .243 AB from a MT whitetail buck my buddy killed with my .243 Win handloads. Under the off-side skin, and textbook 65% weight retention. That year, he and his brother killed 4 deer with 4 consecutive shots from the same rifle with that load, 2 whitetails in MT and 2 mulies in AZ. Only the one bullet recovered.

Last edited by TRexF16; 06/01/23.