Originally Posted by TRexF16
My "new to me" CZ 527 Grendel shoots the 129 ABLR very well and I have been playing around with the most temp-resistant powders to try to get a good hunting load that shoots as well as CFE-223 does (but it is really temp-sensitive). It is looking like AR-Comp is going to be the best of the stable powders, and give me an easy 2500+ FPS. This holds over 2000 FPS to 400 yards and seems like, on paper, it'd be the perfect hunting bullet. I've not hunted this sweet carbine yet but will be taking it to MT this fall for deer, and hopefully, Pronghorn.

I'll follow the jumped topic for a minute with the 129 ABLR. I've been using it for several years out of the 6.5 CM. In most cases, I've had pass throughs, even on shoulder shots. I've not dug out any of the non-exits out as they were using an angle where they ended up in guts. Exits have been notable but not messy. Most of these have been sub 100 yards though a few have been over 400. I'm several grains under a max load so that may help with it's performance. It's been a great bullet for my use. At some point I'm going to try it in the Grendel.

I've used the 150 gr AB in the .308 as a replacement for the ballistic tip. I've not caught any of them, all have been passthroughs, and all have been behind the shoulder shots. My experience with it has been good, but my experience with it has also been limited. When I couldn't find 150 ballistic tips, I simply used the same load and seating depth with the AB and the results on paper were exactly the same.