Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Dang sorry to hear that cert. I'm glad you are alright buddy!!! That's a beautiful rifle, but with the wrong system for the high pressure 17HMR cartridge. These require a delayed blowback system, such as what the Savage A17 uses. Now you know I guess. Ruger knew of this issue long ago and discontinued the 10-22 magnum rifles because they were worried guys would be putting 17 barrels on them. Volquartsen should definitely know better. If I were you, I'd ask them to rebarrel it to a 22WMR. Far less headache (literally) that way. The 22 magnums shoot good too. One of my buddies has 5 VQ 22WMR's, and they shoot very well. However, they don't function well after about 100 or so rounds down the barrel. They start having feeding issues. Probably because of the tight match grade chambers?? Anyway, that is the route I'd take with that rifle, if it were mine.

Well, certainly not as slow a learner as you and your buddies......"don't function well after about 100 rounds or so down the barrel"....Talk about stupid. grin

Last edited by Marley7x57; 06/03/23.