Originally Posted by Certifiable
7x57…

I contacted VQ and the rifle will be sent back as soon as I can get it packaged up.

My question to you is…

I have shot this and several other makes of HMR ammo without issues thru my cooper, ruger, and tikka rifles.

There is a Garrow in the family that has never bobbled with several diff types and ammo as well

One does not need to search the webs too hard to find more than a few examples of VQ HMR issues tho

So that being said how can this be blamed on the ammo and not the design? I’m curious as to why CCI would agree to replace ammo that only seems to cause problems in one specific rifle?

We had the same issue on 3 different rifles and the only common component was the ammo, all of which had the same lot number. We had problem with Federal and CCI ammo (each had their own lot number and all were common to our rifles) and Federal, right off the bat, said tell us how much you paid for it, ship it to us and we will send you a check. CCI was just the opposite - you stored it wrong, it was too old, yada yada yada. I pointed out that storing instructions were not on the box and age was not either. Bumped it up the ladder and they replaced every bit of it. I figured it was a new guy on the job so the bump up was necessary. I still purchase and use CCI ammo (as well as Federal too).

As to the design- it has been around a reasonably long time and works irregardless of what others will tell you. Takes a good salesman to get one to switch from that is tried and true.

Volquartsen's custom service was fantastic when we had our ammo issues. I sent an email to Volquartsen and Scott answered it same day. On a Sunday. Heck yes he gets my business.