I'm a big guy. I've got the same dimensions as John Wayne age-for-age. Right now, I'm right around Cahill, US Marshall. My sons make me look tiny.

Big guy means big gear. My outer layer fills a G.I. duffel bag. I need room.

Big guy marries big girl. My kids have names like Moose and Angus. I managed a couple of years squeezing #2, Moose, into a buddy stand with me. When #3, Angus, started, we went one season in the buddy stands and then switched to ground blinds. A buddy stand is plenty roomy for me alone.

In 2003, I built my first box blind It was made from a packing crate, skid runners and large pallet. It's roughly 4X8' and the saltbox roof gives me room to stand.
[Linked Image from genesis9.angzva.com]

In 2009, I built my luxury box, Midway. It's 5X9' and works so that 2 hunters can sit back-to-back, or side-to-side, looking out the same window. Again, I did a saltbox roof. It gives me standing-up room without a lot of extra height.

In 2017, I built Hollywood. It's 5X7', set up as an open platform. Again, it is set up so 2 hunters can sit back-to-back or side-to-side. This is where #1 granddaughter, Mooselette, likes to hunt. She just passed 5 feet, and the side-to-side setup is getting cozy.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer