Originally Posted by Windknot
30-30, My favorite subject! I've still got my first Marlin I got in 1981, it being a 30-30 20" brl made in 1977, from a good friend who got it new. All I owned for almost 25 years where Marlins, having been around and handled others M9d 94's.
I've probably got as much trigger time behind a 30-30 as anyone, reload em, have killed all my deer but 1 with a 30-30. I have an outstanding Tikka 30-06, Rem 700 270. And couple more cars.
Now, I wouldn't trade my Win Mod 94 or 64 for a any Marlin! I know full well the quality and dependability of a Marlin they're top notch. More accurate? Everyone's different! My Winchester's will outshoot, out handle, out everything from my perspective! I hardly ever pick up my only Marlin now, the original 1st I bought!
And it's hard for me to say which Ein I like best it's according to the day, I love them both!
For iron sight hunting distances, I'll always choose a Mod 94 or 64 Winchester! I won't scope a Levergun, it's not f9r me!

Very nice, Windknot!

I got my first M94 30-30 when I was 11 years old. Busted my butt, saved all summer and paid half. My dad paid the other half. $89 at Service Merchandise back then. No longer did I have to just tag along deer hunting. I was a deer hunter too.

Sadly, I have my dad’s M94 30-30 now. I took it out the other day on his birthday and fired some nice groups with it. A great way to commemorate some great memories spent hunting with him.

Oh, yeah, I hunt with and enjoy shooting lots of other calibers now. I’m a big bolt gun fan. But the ole 30-30 will always be special to me!

Oh, and no scopes on a M94 for me either!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]