Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Here's mine and one picture of what it looked like when I got it. Bought it cheap. Needed a major clean up job.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Tore it completely apart end to end, and top to bottom. Went over every piece externally and internally cleaning, polishing where needed, both wood an metal. Cleaned up like a new one.

Picture of the receiver parts after they were cleaned up.

End result. I'm not real up on M94's but it's a newer angle eject. Kinda proud of it just because of the shape I bought it back from.

Shoots well, action works slick and cycles as it should, and handles very well. Weighs 5 lbs 13 oz as it sits.

Edit to add: Forgot to put a picture of the left side, it's old enough yet to be a New Haven CT rifle. Beyond that don't know much about it.

I think the angle eject 94's were the best looking 94's

It wont have a scope on it while I have it so the angle eject isn't really necessary, but yeah it's a decent looking little 94 IMO. Cleaned up nice. It was a mess but I got it in time and is why I got it dirt cheap. If I get to using it I will probably mount a Skinner peep, and get a sight blank for the rear sight.

Here's a pic of some of the ammo that was in the stock ammo holder that was on it to give you an idea of what I was dealing with on the rifle. I almost couldn't get them out, they were galded fast. The wood had a haze on it that wouldn't wipe off. Needed deep cleaning, then waxed. Metal and wood probably look better now than when new.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.