Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Personally, I would rather see them take it a step further and include empty primed brass in the lineup, along with a line of bullets of varying weight/lengths so whacko loonies like me could experiment with custom loading it. Twist the barrels to accommodate them all, like say, a 1-8" or 1-10". (Empty primed brass would be a boon to me and the other half-dozen guys in the country who breech seat cast bullets in .22 single shot target rifles too. Ya see, there's an ulterior motive behind everything!)

Better yet, put the time/money/effort into resurrecting .25 and maybe .32 rimfire ammo. There's a gazillion rifles out there languishing for lack of ammo, plus when people wised up to the benefits of those old cartridges there could well be a resurgence of new guns too, factory and custom. Hell, Winchester themselves could build .25RF guns to use the new ammo and make some coin from that angle also. The development work has already been done 130 years ago, but given modern Americans penchant for re-inventing the wheel that would be ignored and millions would be spent regardless.

Definition of a Winchester engineer: someone who'll go the whole way around his hand to find his thumb.

Do you know why Remington never carried through with the 267 rimfire cartridge? I read somewhere that it was envisioned as a higher velocity version of the 25 Stevens and in the part of New England that I grew up in there were lots of Stevens falling block rifles left to gather cobwebs and dust after CIL stopped making 25 Stevens ammo.