Originally Posted by JB in SC
Originally Posted by aether_tech
To many cartridges....

The only thing I would like to see is a true 22LR magnum. Just stretch it out just a bit more, another 8-10% powder, make it fully backwards compatible with 22LR case and rim dimensions.

I've got a short brief written that I'm tempted to post up and send out to ammo companies...

But I've only been doing this hobby for 3 years and what the [bleep] do I really know...

I'd rather see a modern version of the old .25 rimfire, with both lead and jacketed bullet loads.

Sadly, that’s probably an even deader idea than a new “brush” cartridge. Speed sells, and small game hunting isn’t nearly as popular as it used to be. Same goes for the various .32s that once were so popular and effective. To be honest, I’ve never found a .22 lacking with the right ammunition either.

I do have some nice flat point loads worked up for my Hornet, but they probably need to be toned down a bit for bunnies and squirrels. I also have the same bullets loaded for my 5.7 S&W, at presumably about 1600 fps. I’ll find out tomorrow morning if they’re gonna work.

What fresh Hell is this?