Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by RDW
What seems to be lost in the discussion about fasting, in this thread and elsewhere and narrowing it down to continuous fasting is the person is not starving. Without dietary carbs, and after the depletion of gylcogen the body uses the most readily available fuel sources and that is fat. And in my case, my body is "feasting" on fat. No issue with energy, no hunger pain and any desire to eat is simply in my head. This is not BS, it's well documented, proven to be successful and works well. In the case of IF, I believe the benefit is reduced insulin production over reduced calorie intake and for those pre-diabetic or diabetic worth it for better health. I believe Fung said any food source will cause insulin production so no matter how someone chooses to eat, there is still a benefit to health, weightloss and longevity by IF.

Insulin - is triggered by the presence of excess sugar in the blood - to transport it into either muscle, Liver, or fat cells.

Even if the Liver is the one making it.

Dietary Fasting - does not exist in a high blood-sugar environment.

... Starvation does.

Dr. Fung avoided Ketosis as the base of Dietary Fasting, while assuming its presence.

GR

Are you arguing a point because your posts don't make much sense....not trying to be a dk' just don't get it.

Dave