Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by MOGC
That's not what I asked. I asked if you were the OFFICER how would you handle the call if you went to the 9-1-1 call and nobody responded to your knocks on the door? Or if someone inside yelled through the door, "Nobody here called you. Go away!" Play pretend pin the badge on and tell us what is the officer supposed to do in that situation.

Red and blues on for starters.

"SHERIFF DEPARTMENT" is next.

None of this was described by the OP.

Approaching solo is flat fugking stupid. And I don't want to hear about "we only got one cop for 700 square miles." If that's the case you don't need a police presence at all. And you damn sure don't need to investigate 911 hang ups @ 0300.

If those lights would have been on it would have put me in an entirely different mindset and I would not have had to ask who is knocking on my door. Since this took place that's the one question that runs through my mind as to why those lights were not on.

Years ago, the very day I moved into my new house, a body was found within half mile of my place. Guy was murdered and left in the woods. It turned out to be a drug deal thing. A few days later a highway patrol investigator and the city cop, who I had known for 15 years came here to ask me some questions. As soon as they got out of the car, after dark, the city cop stated his name loud enough for me to hear. I opened the door and invited them in. I always wondered about him getting his name out so loud and so soon but now I see why. He had allot of experience and was just using good judgement in how he approached coming to my house. He knew me well enough to do it that way and I knew him well enough to trust him.
Why would the cherries and berries have mattered?

Any swinging dick can get a set and impersonate a cop. Same with a sirenand loud speaker.

In that situation I am calling 911 to see if it's legit before I open the door.
It might help deescalate the situation, then again it may not, but as NOT turning on the flasher is SOP, we will never know.

Light or no lights,

Never answer the door

Never talk to police, sheriffs, FBI, ATF etc., that are all one entity

Stay away from doors and windows

And hide your dog

Last edited by steve4102; 09/17/23.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.