Howdy Jim1611,

I hunt elk sporadically. Last year I decided that I wanted to take a cow elk to fill the freezer. Already have some nice elk antlers on the wall. Am 67 years old, and am in a similar situation with you. Most of the guys I've hunted with have given it up. So, January of this year I went to Oregon and hunted with Zach at AOA Outfitters.

Good price. Great service! It was a tougher hunt than I expected. Up and down some big ridges, then a long stalk, and a long (405 yards) shot with my 30-06 rifle. Zach and Dale were with me as "hired help" and were great! They were easy to get along with. Knew where to look for the elk. They're in their late 30's and very fit, but they took it easy on the old guy re the pace.

Zach also offers bull hunts and takes some nice ones. I don't know the price for that as I'm not real interested in adding more elk antlers to the wall. Accommodations were excellent. I was in a real nice cabin. The hunt was over by late afternoon the first day, then we spent some time chasing other critters around in central Oregon. Good country, good fellows, and a good hunt at what I thought was a good price. Skipping a year, because mama and I don't go through an elk as quickly as we used to. I'll probably go back with them in January 2024.

Unless I draw the local antlerless elk tag here in Washington. That I can do on my own or with a buddy along to help.

Regards, Guy