From about 1992 to 2012 I hunted in the west or Canada almost every year. Elk, moose, caribou, goat, antelope, mule deer. I had about a 20 year run. In 2003 I booked an elk hunt in BC with Tuchodi river outfitters which some of you 60+ guys like me will recognize as Ross Peck's old hunting area. I actually booked the hunt with Ross and he sold the territory the year before I hunted it. I paid 7K for the hunt and 2k trophy fee for goat. A stone sheep hunt at the time was about 12-15K if I recall correctly. In 2024 that elk hunt will be 17.5k with a 10k trophy fee for goat or moose. The stone sheep hunt is 85K. The last guided elk hunt I did was in 2008 on a private land NM ranch with a landowner tag. Hunt was 7500 then not including license and travel expenses, etc., which seemed like a ridiculous price to pay at the time. 15K now. Killed a great bull and he still hangs in my den.

I'm glad I did it then because I am priced out of the market now.

Last 10 years or so I have been out off and on hunting mule deer, antelope and axis deer. Even that is getting expensive now.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~