Originally Posted by Bay1975
Originally Posted by pete53
i have bohunted since i was 10 legal or not at that age and it was with a recurve ,then in the early 70`s i used a compound from the start of those years to now at 70 years of age with poor physical strength and a bad shoulder that the surgeon wanted to replace 4 years ago that i don`t want to , i already have had surgery in both shoulders so my body is a mess . > here is what i see is a negative thing that might happen to us handi cap and old bowhunters = Minnesota the state i live in the DNR is following who kills a deer with a x- bow during the archery season this year and probably even more in the future so myself and other handi cap old bowhunters will end up with the same law/rules for all x-bow archery hunters if it gets changed . i think x-bows are fine in the archery for all but there are plenty archery hunter selfish whiners out there that will try and change this law about x-bows in Minnesota, i hope it don`t happen but if it does i sure hope they leave the handi-cap old bowhunters alone in the archery season. Montana is one state that has a lot of whining selfish bowhunters with plenty butt hurt against handi-cap x-bow hunters during the archery season even on Federal land in Montana x-bows are not legal . so i hope Minnesota does not do this bowhunter butt hurt chit to x-bow archery hunters, at least not for the handi cap and old.

Handicapped hunters are the only ones that should be allowed to use crossbows during archery season. A crossbow has a trigger, a stock, a scope, and a saftey. Does that sound like a bow lol. If your too lazy to learn to shoot a compound or a real bow stay home till gun season. Older handicapped hunters that would shoot a real bow if not for their infirmities, should be allowed to use the crossbows. That’s how it always was. In my home state during bow season it was uncommon to see other hunters on weekends let alone week days. Now the woods are full of these lazy fat mouth breathers staggering around with a crossbow, their only handicap being obesity and lack of hunting ability lol.

I knew an old man that helped get bowseasons started in Louisiana in the beginning. He killed more deer than anyone I’ve ever known. He had kidney problems bad, aswell as belong near 80yo, he had used nothing but recurves until he could no longer shoot the weight he wanted, he then went to a compound. If anyone deserved to hunt with a crossbow it was this man. He told me he would quit before he used a crossbow. Compare that to these 30 yo flat brimmed hatted morons lol

Bullschitt. Who elected you Ethics Monitor? Game has to be managed, and in this area whitetails are like rats, even with constant pressure Sept-Jan from hunters toting guns, all sorts of bows, airguns, and MLs new and old. If rifles are ethical, so is anything less effective.

What fresh Hell is this?