Originally Posted by mark shubert
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
In all the years I’ve been here I don’t recall a single interaction between us, mostly because I didn’t care either way but while Larry could rile up the crowd I never heard that he cheated anyone.

Despite the animosity shown towards him he apparently did a lot of deals here, has he actually cheated anyone or is this hate a byproduct of personality clashes?
AFAIK personality clashes.
He seemed to be forthright in his business dealings.
However, was an azz in everything else. JMNSHO.
I was actually hoping he'd show up, as I wanted to see if he was as big an AH in person, as he was online! : D

Larry might have been a forthright buyer, but he was, at best, a suspect seller.

Larry was notorious for misrepresenting the things that he advertised for sale by over-grading them or by omitting obvious flaws and then refusing to stand behind his sales when the buyer complained about the difference between the claimed condition and the condition of the item that he received.

Also, nobody worthy of trust changes their identity as often as Larry did and he did it on the gun sales sites just like he did on this site.

I believe that the JWGibson posts reflect Larry Root's real character and no matter how many satisfied sellers sing his praises will convince me otherwise. When you sell, it is your integrity on the line. When you buy, you are depending on the integrity of the seller.