Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Well I report the good and the bad...I took yesterday off to regroup got in my stand early this morning and had buck patrolling saw 3 different buck one was a good one but no good shot. The other 2 where small buck. I stayed in stand and at 10:30 I heard gravel falling from the rail road bed and knew it was a deer crossing and coming down the bank and a few seconds later I saw him a big big shooter!!! Can't say if it is one I have pictures of or not but the type of deer you take one glance and know he's a shooter! I got ready and waited for him to hit my window and released...I then watched the lighted nock of my arrow flying true right towards the boiler room only to see it go right under the brisket. I'm disgusted and sick right now, off he jumped into the thick brush and away he went. I literally had a couple of pieces of hair mixed in with the mud after I retrieved the arrow. He was 33 yds and I held too low...disgusted is an understatement right now but I need to shake it off
had the same thing happen on Nov 2nd to me slight twist because mine was a clean miss, was a big 10 point in the 150 class that neighbor found sheds to last winter, know the feeling, still early in the season, hang in there.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.