Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by bbassi
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I may slip out a couple times ...season is way too long
I agree Dan. 3 full months when you figure in the Early September season and the holiday hunt. It's amazing there's a deer alive at this point. Of course that's want the DEC wants.
4 months here.

Basically 1 month worth for the different firearms seasons.

Still plenty of deer. After that regular firearms season the pressure drops way off. I think there are more deer out in the wild than people realize.

Estimates in Missouri are 1.4 million deer and we kill about 300k every year.

Our season starts on private land August 15, public land September 15. Both run through January 1st. Anyone who had a license last year automatically gets a starter set of 5 tags (3 any antlered buck, 2 does) right before the season starts. If you want more, you can get two more buck tags (with antler restrictions 4 pts one side or minimum 12" spread) and 4 more doe tags for $5.00 each. If you choose to buy all four of your additional doe tags at once, you get two "bonus" tags free. Additionally, if you get drawn for lottery hunts in certain wildlife management areas, you get three more tags for that. I could have killed 19 deer legally in SC this year, as it was I only killed seven here (and one in NY bigger than any of them.) I know a guy who hunts with a dog group and he said last year they killed 30 deer the last weekend of the season. He's in his 40's says as near as he can figure, he's killed between 800 and 900 deer in his lifetime. He told me they didn't used to have a limit and his group used to take a lot of them to a children's home where they had a whole deer processing facility set up to feed the orphans.

We still have an awful lot of deer down here.

Mathew 22: 37-39