Originally Posted by ribka
the first thing breeder does is list certs.

As a long time wired hared grif owner I know this as many back yard breeders have got into breeding selling puppies to make a buck to non hunting customers

No reputable griff breeder or hunting dog breeder would give away puppies random on the internet without a thorough background interview and just offer them over the internet, but as an upland hunting dog owner im sure you know this lol

Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by slumlord
Is it anyway to recover her? Have any rock climbing buddies, friends with rappelling gear?
Any rock climbing onion-heads you can whip up down at Starbucks?

The mountain is too dangerous. I was headed to go up, but my wife stopped me. She said she couldn't lose us both. I've been there many times, and a lot of chukar live on the steep face. A lot of hunters hunt the canyon at it's base, but I have never seen anyone on the face or even up it 10-20 feet.

Ya but what about someone else? Like a local climber?

That would take work, money and planning to rescue a hunting dog and family member

Better to get a back yard breeder to replace a rare hunting breed like a wired haired pointing griiff
That's a bit of a low blow. I know of a dozen rock face mountainsides in Nevada that no one should climb. It's all crumbling shale. Lots of false holds that would pop off if you tried to grab them. None of that volcanic rock is stable. What's the point? Dogs dead. Let her lie.

When you're working with working breeds as a human being you should know all of the risks and prepare for them before sending the dog in to work with you.

I spend 3 months hunting chukar a year. I use griffs. why would an upland hunter send his dog in unsafe areas with no safety back ups or safety plans? no e collar, no training , no gps? Why would a hunter send his dog in a dangerous cliff area blinded with no visual of his dog and no way to avoid a dangerous situation and no way to call his dog from a dangerous cliff area and have no back plan if schit goes bad when his dog is injured or can't get out ? Why would an an upland hunter get a dog from an uncertified breeder especially when he cant afford a good upland dog?

this was a plugged up situation from the beginning

maybe more insight from you ....
How do you know so much about the breeder?
I assume anyone spending money would do their due diligence regarding lineage, health certs, ect...
Actually, I do know this. I just didn't equate a father in law making a generous offer to someone as proof that the actual breeder was unscrupulous. Silly me.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-